Since you are a savvy HR or Recruiting pro in 2012 that means one thing - you are all over the web.
SEO optimized careers site? Check
Engaging content on your 'Careers' tab on Facebook? On it. (don't worry eventually you'll crack 100 'likes')
Job postings being syndicated, (I am not totally sure what that even means, but it sounds complex and important), all over the whole wide world wide web. You bet.
Awesome coverage, presence, and reach. So why are you still having trouble attracting the talent you need, connecting with the right audience, and generating excitement and buzz about your brand?
This just in - the internet is a big, loud, noisy, confusing, confounding, and if nothing else, distracting place.
Look over here! No, look over here! Free stuff here! Funny cat videos here!
And, I don't know this for sure but I heard some people at an HR conference talking about this recently, there may be parts of the web that feature, shall we say, adult content.
If that is true, and again I only recently heard about this, well good luck getting anyone to notice let alone pay more than 5 seconds of attention to your lame-o career site, or your exceedingly boring JobsAtAcme twitter feed.
So what can you do to rise above the pack, crawl free from the swamp, swim against the current? (insert your favorite 'distinguish yourself' analogy here)
That's what your friends over at Fistful of Talent are here for with the next installment of the often imitated, never duplicated FOT Webinar, set for Wednesday, August 22nd at 1:00PM ET, and titled, That’s Your Pitch? How to Raise Your Social Recruiting Game By Acting Less Like ACME and More Like Apple.
On the webinar the FOT crew will cover:
- The Top 5 Traits of Successful Marketers and Advertisers that recruiters should use to raise their promotional game. We’ll deliver this in true Mac vs. PC style. What do great marketers do to generate interest? What do average marketers do? We’ll break it down and contrast it to the recruiting world.
- How to Prevent Your Job Postings from Being Lame. FOT will walk you through alternate ways to present employment opportunities that break through the noise/clutter of the web. You need more than a title and bullet points – and we’ll show you what to include with live examples ripped from the companies we love.
- How Cool Companies are Experimenting with Elements Beyond Text (including video, audio and more) to deliver some pop to traditional recruiting campaigns.
- We’ll play a game we like to call, “That’s Your Freaking Pitch?” – where we peel back the cover and take a hard look at traditional messaging that flows through your recruiting function today after the job posting goes out – including ATS messaging, live call recruiter scripts and more. We’ll highlight the average vs. the outstanding and let you decide what to do next.
- A Plan to Customize Your Social Distribution Message Across the Big 3 (LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook). You know the same message doesn’t work across all social channels, but you’re not sure how to customize your approach to each. Never fear – FOT will be bringing in Michael Center (from iCIMS) to outline key messaging structure to be used for each social channel to develop deeper connections and foster candidate engagement.
Message received. Stop thinking like a recruiter and start thinking like your marketing friends down the hall.
So register today for the August 22nd webinar here.
And remember, as always the FOT Webinar comes guaranteed, 60% of the time it works every time.