There are many ways and methods by which one can direct the basketball into the basket.
Here is the ranking of many of these methods, from least interesting/appealing up to most awesome.
20. Basic layup
19. Reverse layup
18. Standard jumper
17. Corner three
16. Willis Reed's two buckets in Game 7 of the 1969-70 NBA Finals
15. Heave from 30+ feet to beat the buzzer
14. Basic dunk
13. Put-back slam dunk
12. Two-handed set shot (see Schayes, Dolph)
11. Underhand free throw (see Barry, Rick)
10. Catch-and-shoot 3-pointer (see Miller, Reggie)
9. Jump Hook (see McHale, Kevin)
8. Reverse pivot step-back jumper (see Sikma, Jack)
7. Alley Oop jam (see Griffin, Blake, (among many))
6. Fall back, baby (see Barnett, Dick)
5. Running two-hand dunk (see King, Bernard)
4. Teardrop (see Jackson, Mark)
3. Sky Hook (see Abdul-Jabbar, Kareem)
2. Mid-range bank shot (see Duncan, Tim)
1. The Finger Roll (see Gervin, George)
Note: The blog is taking the rest of the week off. Have a fantastic Thanksgiving weekend and if you are not in the USA, well, pretend you are in the USA and take a few days off.